Wine certificate courses in Auckland and Wellington
I’ve just added four courses in both Auckland and Wellington to my program for 2018. They are:
- Five-week course starts 27 March at Caro’s, 14 Mackelvie Street, Grey Lynn. Cost NZD $249 (click here to book)
- One-day course, on 20 May at Caro’s. Cost NZD $249 (click here to book)
- One-day, on 27 May at Regional Wines, 15 Ellice Street, Basin Reserve. Cost NZD $249 (click here to book)
- One-day, on 26 August at Regional Wines. Cost NZD $249 (click here to book)
Other courses will be added later in the year in Auckland an in other New Zealand regions.
Is the course designed for people with a little, or a lot of wine knowledge?
- I teach students a tasting method I call “wine profiling” that will increase the rate at which both beginners and advanced students make sense of wine. I also cover a lot of “need to know” stuff about wine.
How many wines do we taste on the course?
- That varies. Perhaps a dozen on the one-day course and more than twice as many on the five-week course.
What’s the difference between the five-week and one-day courses?
- We visit a winery on one evening during the five-week course. Apart from that, the course content is identical.
How many people in each class?
- Typically, 20+/- people. No more than 25 people.
Do you offer Gift Certificates?
- Yes. When you purchase a Gift Certificate the recipient’s name goes in the register. They simply need to pick up the phone and book a course when the timing suits.
What will I learn on the course?
- How to get better value from your wine purchases.
- Make more sense of restaurant wine lists.
- Distinguish the characteristics of different wines.
- How to make wine taste better.
- How to select wines for current drinking and for cellaring.
- How to match wine and food.
- How to identify faulty wines.
- The best conditions for storing wine.
- How to maximise the life of leftovers.
- Perfect wine serving temperatures.
- Why some wines need decanting and others don’t.
- The language of wine.
- Why some vintages are better than others.
- How to taste wine like a professional.
- Many other useful tips for increasing your enjoyment of wine.