As well as showcasing the wines throughout the event, winemaker Andrew Duff and the team created the Tempus Two Ruby Star, a show-stopping cocktail for fashionistas to sip and savour, combining their Prosecco with ruby grapefruit juice and Solerno, a liqueur crafted from Sicilian blood oranges.
But as the weather chilled in the late evening, out came the mulled wine, made from their Tempus Two Varietal Shiraz.
Below are recipes for the two bespoke drinks for you to enjoy, sans catwalk.
Tempus Two Ruby Star
- 30mls Tempus Two Prosecco
- 30ml Solerno
- 30ml ruby grapefruit juice
- 60ml soda water
- Two dashes of bitters
- Build over ice
Tempus Two Mulled Wine
- 750ml Tempus Two Varietal Shiraz
- 1 blood orange washed
- 1 lime
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Juice half the orange and place juice in large saucepan. Cut the other half into eighths and set aside.
- Juice and zest the lime. Add to the saucepan along with the sugar, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add just enough wine to cover. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring until reduced to a thick paste.
- Add remaining wine and stir gently until heated.
- Garnish with a segment of orange.