2013 Len Evans Tutorial scholars announced
The twelve scholars for the 2013 Len Evans Tutorial have been announced, with several already distinguished names in the roll-call.
The 13th annual tutorial, dubbed the most exclusive wine school in the world, will be held in the Hunter Valley from November 4-8.
The 12 are:
- Adam Foster, winemaker Syrahmi (tastings)/Foster e Rocco (tastings)
- Alex Retief, owner/winemaker A. Retief Wines (tastings)
- Amanda Yallop, head sommelier Quay restaurant
- Andrea Frost, writer
- Banjo Harris Plane, head sommelier Attica restaurant
- Charlie Seppelt, winemaker Yangarra Estate (tastings)
- Eddie McDougall, director/winemaker Fine Wines of Australia
- Franck Moreau, group sommelier Merivale
- Julian Langworthy, chief winemaker Fogarty Wine Group
- Lak Quach, consulting wine buyer Cellarhand
- Nick Butler, founding director Cogito Wines
- Toby Barlow, senior winemaker St Hallett (tastings)
And Michael Hill Smith MW joins the list of tutors, led by Iain Riggs.